4/30/10

Evolution

I was not quite sure that meeting Richard was best, but we were certainly beyond the point of moral apprehension. Ngozi did want to meet with him alone at first and this we both agreed was best. I studied this unique individual from afar. Ngozi was right he was not quite like us, not quite the fasting soucouyant his mother had become or the ancient vampire that I am.

He was beautiful, not in the way an artist is when creating their art or in the way a pilot who is passionate about his job is when he’s flying, this was another kind of transcendental beauty…my kind, born of extraordinary power and an ancient bloodline. Difference was, he seemed equally human and not. I could tell he was far beyond normal in his strength and abilities and I was certain that he was never sick a day in his life.

I could see little trace of his father, but there must have been something there. He seemed to have my eyes, he even looked like he could have a Caucasian father but he looked most like his mother. I remember this moment in vivid detail, the smells, the temperature, the heartbeat of his child and his wife. His heartbeat was steady and strong as they entered his mother’s house, he seemed almost calm. I remember this moment particularly because Richard was still an innocent when he stepped out of my visions as an adult, but he would never be able to go back after today and the responsibilities that he assumed because of his own evolution continues to affect more lives than he ever wanted the responsibility for…


No comments:

Post a Comment