4/29/11

Clot - No More Secrets...

It was as if we had found the long lost key to communication between my mother and me. We talked for a while about how much life was going to change and how excited we were about our full time role as parents. The levy broke and I tried to manage the flood of words that poured from me, before my mother’s mood changed. I had seen the swing many times before.
           Sure enough, she seemed slowly consumed by a creeping depression. She had something to share as well, she confessed. She seemed apologetic as she began, saying that she still struggled with knowing and keeping this thing from me all these years. My wife held my hand and nodded. This was it, the one thing I wanted. There would be no more secrets between us. It would be a conversation I would never forget and my last moment of blissful ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment