1/21/11

Absence & Longing

Since Ngozi’s death and Richards departure I have experienced a deep sense of loss, one might even call it depression. What makes life so meaningful is its finite quality. Death is supposed to be an end for all of us but there is always new life to carry our traditions and improve on our own legacies, ideally.
This is the natural order that my kind ignores and the result is often time spent in the company of those you are loathe to call friends or moments with dear companions that pass too soon.
My existence is cursed and yet I am either too vein or respectful of my life, if I can call it that, to put a deliberate end to my circumstance. Still, I find myself focused on my existence and its benefit to others. But at the core even that is a selfish consideration born of my longing for companionship.
Louis moved into Richard’s house as a caretaker, which also gave me the space he sensed I needed. Things were also changing on the island and there was evil deeds being perpetrated by others besides our kind. It was fast becoming a complicated time in need of balance. I tried to use the time to pull myself and my thoughts together because I sensed that a fresh test was not far off…

No comments:

Post a Comment