8/28/09

I am not Alone

In my mortal days I, like many of you, was aware of an unseen presence at different times in my life. There were times when this presence brought me comfort and other times when it only enhanced doubt and fear. But it is easier to rationalize these feelings as some sort of faceless feeling of peace or apprehension…that is unless you have seen the truth.

I have seen these unseen watchers amongst us. I see them now only because my eyes and my sight no longer belong to this world. At first I was unable to distinguish between them. These attractive, impeccably attired beings shared characteristics, but there were differences. Because echoes of my humanity still persist, there are those amongst us with whom I feel what I can only describe as an intense remorse for my very existence. And of course there are the others with whom I feel a strong sense of kinship.

One evening as I sat in a private booth having a cup of tea, anticipating the thirst, one whose presence was becoming a constant companion engaged me. He approached quietly, his benevolent gaze fixed on me. I felt at once ashamed and tranquil. As with La Safer, I could not be sure whether or not his lips moved when he spoke, but I was certain that I alone was aware of his presence.

“I am Eli.” He said before sitting. All I could do was wordlessly admire his perfection.

“There is more to this existence. Another may have created you however you still have choices. First you must learn to master this appetite.” The word appetite resonated with me and I felt the hunger return with great intensity. At this point I am not sure whether I left his company, or he mine.

I have had my own theories on these entities, much of which have been proven true over centuries of existence. These spirit watchers of good and evil, angels and demons if you like, stand in vigilance over our every thought and deed. They can assist and intercede on our behalf but only if there is a sincere belief, desire and need on our parts. These pre-existing conditions must all be met because of our gift of free will. Thus, the un-explained warning of danger you sense is an angel speaking to you through the spirit connection of your unconscious and that desire to do harm or evil would be his demon counterpart doing the same. This is the divine struggle that is being waged constantly for our souls.

How do I then reconcile my own existence and actions you might ask? And I would respond that this question is asked in hindsight without the benefit of my experience or knowledge. There is so much more I will share. For now I will concede this, that from all I have seen, I know that these lines between good and evil have been blurred over time by blood and it will take the help of the fallen, as well, to save our humanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment